Policy and Standards
Safety, Health and Environment "SHE"
The AECI Group is committed to a clean, safe and healthy environment for its employees, contractors, customers and surrounding communities.
The AECI Executive Committee, guided by the Social and Ethics Committee, is responsible for the regular review of the Group safety, health and environmental policy, for the guidance of Group companies in its implementation, and for monitoring performance.
We require each Group company:
- to adopt a safety, health and environmental policy that meets the needs of its businesses;
- to hold line management accountable for the implementation of the safety, health and environmental policy;
- to develop and maintain appropriate procedures to support the safety, health and environmental policy;
- to manage safety, health and environmental risks in a manner that meets all the legal requirements of the countries in which it operates and accepted international criteria;
- to be prepared for and to deal with any emergency;
- to ensure that employees and contractors are trained effectively;
- to maintain a record of safety, health and environmental information and to meet statutory record-keeping requirements; and
- to audit its performance against its policy, standards and procedures and to report this regularly to the AECI Executive Committee.
The goal is no harm to anyone, ever.
Mark Dytor Chief Executive
Woodmead, Sandton 11 April 2018